Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 137 - What You're Reading


These are all the books currently on my reading list! As you can probably tell, I don't have as much time to read as I would like (or as I think I do, according to my book depository problem!)

Currently I am reading the book on top of the pile; Mad Women by Jane Maas, which I picked up in the Portrait Gallery bookshop a couple of months ago. It's basically the story of the women of the Madison Avenue Ad Agencies in the 60s. It's pretty much the female perspective on the story told by one of my absolute favourite TV series Mad Men. I cannot recommend watching this clever, amazing series enough.

But back to books... There are ten books on the pile at the moment. In reality there are most likely a few other 'unreads' about the house as well. If I knew I had a couple of weeks booked at a beach resort at some point this year, I might get most of them finished, but at this stage, I am thinking I may get through one book each school holidays if I am lucky!

To inject a little inspiration into my blog this month, I have decided to play along with the challenge presented on Fat Mum Slim's blog (www.fatmumslim.com.au) and for today the theme was Day 16: What You're Reading

1 comment:

  1. Impossible to read when we have to read all the kids books we teach from, write reports etc. I have a pile too and one book that I got halfway through last holidays and that is where it stopped... never finished.

    ReplyDelete