Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 150 - A Number



Today's photo criteria was 'a number'. By chance my class did a maths test today. Maths tests in year 2 are difficult. They don't understand that you can't just tell them the answers and that you want to find out what they know. My favourite question today was from one of my very clever girls today who asked me (when she pointed to were she had written 1000) if that was ten - hundred. Yes, I told her, ten hundreds do come after 900, but we call it a thousand. Even though what she suggested wasn't correct, strictly speaking, to me it really did demonstrate she understood place value, which was what we had been working on, through the week.

To inject a little inspiration into my blog this month, I have decided to play along with the challenge presented on Fat Mum Slim's blog (www.fatmumslim.com.au) and for today the theme was Day 29: A Number

No comments:

Post a Comment