Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - Just How I Wanted It... Part 2


Well the big compliment was that Dale said this picture didn't do it justice. On Saturday I started a bit of trimming out the front. Dale finished it off by cutting the tops off the way too high bottle brush trees in front of the windows which were actually touching the roof! Today another 4 hours and 2 trailer loads of clippings later, it is pretty much finished. You can see the gravel paths again, I weeded the lot and sawed off all the suckers from the base of the tree out front, that had gotten very bushy.

This time I was so careful near where I have now been bitten twice by bull dog ants, but I was shocked to see a bit fat spider poking up out of a little burrow which could possibly be a brown trap door spider. I have to say that all these creepy crawlies in the front yard are really beginning to make my skin crawl!

4 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous, Belinda, and I will be looking forward to seeing it. Watch out for that spider, though. Do you get funnel webs in Canberra? Don't want to scare you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some boiling water poured down the holes might work...less toxic in the long run for Henry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Mum said to do that too... I don't want to hear it screaming! I might call Canberra Connect and see what they say...

    Mum, there are funnel webs here (diff one to Syd) but apparently they have webby strands around the edge of their burrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better to hear the spider screaming than Henry :)

    ReplyDelete