Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19 - Look Who I Bumped Into!


Out looking at cars this morning and look who Dale and I bumped into in Fyshwick! Yes it was my actual old MX5, the car that I had before my Commodore. A few years ago, I sold her to Samantha, daughter of Gayle who I work with and I knew that she had recently upgraded, so I was only sort of surprised. For once I was pretty sure about the number plate and confirmed it when I looked in the log book and found old rego papers from my last house in Sydney.

I have very good memories of this car; we travelled down the Hume Highway and back many times, did a trip  down to Melbourne once to visit Frances, a girly Hunter Valley weekend with the roof down on a beautiful day and funnily, one thing I remember most is my final trip to Canberra with Dale in the passenger seat who had the cat on his lap. The tiny cabin was pretty much filled with cat hair for ages after that!

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, well! Funny thing is that I was only thinking about that car today!

    ReplyDelete