Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33 - Freecycle Apple Sauce


We don't often have pork chops but we did tonight for something different. Since we have a stack of sage in the garden, I shallow fried some and then served the chops with the sage and some apple sauce given to me a little while ago.

The apple sauce was given to me by a man who I gave our old coffee table to. He was a mosaic artist from Bungendore, who accepted my offer of the table made on freecycle. I love using freecycle and I have given away a number of things lately including the coffee table, boxfuls of VHS tapes, 2 spare microwave plates and 5 huge bagfuls of plastic bags to a woman who fuses the plastic to make handbags! It really is a very friendly way to find new home for unwanted things without adding them to landfill. Not only did I receive apple sauce and plum jam, but I have also been promised photos of the mosaic coffee table and a photo of the handbag resulting from the plastic bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment