Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 155 - Goodbye to My Feline Friend of Eighteen Years


Today was the end of a very long era. My cat, Baby has been through all of my adult life with me. I got her during my first year of uni in 1994 and she has seen all the changes in my life, including moving many times and finally moving to Canberra with me in 2006. Dale says that he will never forget that trip with her on his lap in the passenger seat of the MX5! I do remember pulling up to get petrol and getting funny looks at all the cat hair covering me when I went in to pay and I didn't even have her dribbling all over my lap!

Last night Baby didn't seem herself and strictly speaking, I did take this photo early, because I took it on Sunday night. It was, however, more fitting to post it under today's date. On her last night I brushed her hair, we had a little chat and I kept a very close eye on her after taking a bunch of photos of her.

Sadly by morning, she was no longer with us, having not made it through Sunday night, but having made it through 18 years with me. She was a trooper, sometimes a pain, sometimes purry, sometimes cranky, but always there.  Hoping now that she is with her old mate Jessie with maybe a bit of frolicking like they used to :)

2 comments: