Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 191 - A Wet Day in the Garden


I have to admit that I took my photo in the garden the next day. After such a long, wet, soggy day outdoors, taking photos was the last thing on my mind. By the time we were done, all I wanted was to get inside a hot shower! First thing this morning we got onto hiring a chipper / mulcher, was was more difficult than I expected. Anyway after tracking one down which was just out of town, we got home, started it up and then the first rain drops fell. They didn't stop all day. Unfortunately when you have hired equipment, you just have to keep going if you don't want to waste your money, so on we went. We swept and mulched up all the gum leaves (blower vac didn't work in the wet weather!), mulched up all the twigs, branches and tree offcuts that would fit, pulled out two non living plants and generally tidied. It didn't look like we had done a lot until pretty late in the day and even Dale admitted it was worth doing. So that's one more thing crossed off my holiday list!

No comments:

Post a Comment