Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 80 - Chocolate Macaroons


This is my second attempt at macaroons, and although they never seem to turn out nice and shiny like shop bought ones (I have heard that this is because almond meal that you buy in supermarkets is coarser than the stuff the pros use?) these ones tasted very decadent. They were all squishy on the inside and extremely chocolatey. Now for next time; Caroline at work gave me a tip - you can use your finger with a bit of water on it to smooth the peaks from piping the mixture onto the baking tray. Armed with this, my next attempt is going to be limoncello macaroons. It's another item on my holiday to do list!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hope I'll be around for a taste test of those limoncello macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better save me one of the limoncello

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comment didn't go too well - not so good on an iPad. I meant to say you'd better save me one of the limoncello ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get these to work. Maybe I am not patient enough.

    ReplyDelete